2013 Sports Rehab to Sports Performance Teleseminar
Every year my friend Joe Heiler from Sports Rehab Expert puts together an outstanding teleseminar series, which he calls the “Sports Rehab to Sports Performance Teleseminar“, with many of the industry leaders in the full spectrum of athletic development. Since its origin, this series has become one of my favorite times of the year, as I get some terrific material to listen to on my commutes to and from work everyday. Each year there are 4-5 seminars that I listen to over and over and over because there is so much quality content packed inside (or I’m not smart enough to digest the content after a single listen…).
It sounds cliche to say the speaker line-up gets better and better every year, but…I think the speaker line-up gets better and better every year. Or, at least, Joe continues to do a great job of finding extremely bright speakers to best compliment speakers in previous series and/or cater to the current interests of his community at Sports Rehab Expert. This year is no exception. Take a look at this year’s line-up:
- Dan John – discusses ‘Intervention: Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer‘ including goal setting, training the 6 basic movements, proper exercise progression, and more…
- Dr. Mark Cheng – talks about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), acupuncture vs. dry needling, combining TCM with corrective exercise, kettlebells, and the martial arts.
- Diane Lee – one of the foremost experts on the lumbopelvic-hip (LPH) complex, discussing assessment and treatment using her Integrated Systems Model, and putting it all together to rehab and train athletes.
- Mike Voight – discusses the 4×4 matrix of the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) to train motor control/stability and enhance movement.
- Dr. Evan Osar – ‘Corrective Exercise Solutions for Common Hip and Shoulder Dysfunction‘ including breathing pattern corrections, the importance of joint centration, and more…
- Jason Glass – Rotational power slings for golf and other rotation sports, screening rotational athletes, common injuries and prevention, and best training methods.
- Robert Butler – researching the pillars of Functional Movement Systems including pain and effects on motor control, injury prediction and the FMS, and more…
- Neil Rampe – using the Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) and Postural Restoration Institute (PRI) systems in professional baseball, identifying and addressing asymmetries.
- Charlie Weingroff – discusses principles from his Training=Rehab and How to Make a Monster seminars including soft core vs. hard core training, using DNS principles and joint centration, using the SFMA to target dysfunction.
- Dr. Mark Scappaticci – discusses his Functional Integrated Therapy (FIT) system including Fascial Abrasion Technique and Functional Integrated Needling, treating painful and non-painful dysfunction, and working with elite athletes.
- Kelly Starrett – talks about the unique challenges of working with CrossFit and other athletes that push themselves to the limits, the importance of joint mobility, tissue quality, and movement, plus a whole lot more…
I’m really looking forward to every speaker, but I’m particularly excited to hear Diane Lee (whose information I’ve come across on multiple occasions in my pursuit for a deeper understanding of what leads to the hip and low back injuries so common in ice hockey), Charlie Weingroff (who I’ve learned a ton from in the past and have a great deal of respect for), and my friend Neil Rampe (who could very well be the smartest person in the training industry that you’ve never heard of).
As always, the teleseminar is completely FREE to register for. Just click the link below and enter your name and email address so Joe can send you updates about the times of the calls and you’re all set!
Click here for more information or to register >> Sports Rehab to Sports Performance Teleseminar
To your success,
Please enter your first name and email below to sign up for my FREE Athletic Development and Hockey Training Newsletter!